If it has come the time that your trusty vehicle has started to develop problems, life could get a little expensive. While MOT tests are designed to ensure the safety of your vehicle they can too discover costly repairs that are necessary to keep your vehicle roadworthy. At BMS Salvage our in house valuations advisors are experts in the field and have a thorough understanding of all MOT failures and their associated costs.
MOT Failures Wanted!
If you are selling your car because it has become uneconomical to repair, there are certain details that will help us in raising the highest value for your car. You will need either the test number from the MOT failure print out or the document reference number from the V5C logbook. This will enable us to look closer at the vehicle history and specifically the list of faults that have rendered the vehicle uneconomical to repair. If so then sell you MOT failure to us today.
As a salvage company, we will be buying the vehicle either for its components or to repair it, using parts from other salvage cars. This is why we need a thorough understanding of the damaged components at the time of the valuation. Unlike other companies, we will quote and guarantee an offer on the phone and not at the time of collection. This means that we are clear from the outset as to the offer for the car. Other companies prefer to quote high first, leaving them the opportunity to send someone out to your vehicle to find faults to reduce the price. This can put you in an uncomfortable position and leave you selling your car for less than you would have wanted. It is important to us that you get what you rightfully deserve for your car.
It is important to find the right buyer for your car at this critical time. Selling it privately is probably not an option at this point, as most people would not purchase a vehicle with a poor bill of health and selling it to an unregistered entity can present awkward legal situations in the future. At BMS Salvage we will either buy it ourselves or offer it out to one of our trusted salvage partners across the country. This web of buyers has provided us with the ability to find the right buyer, paying the highest price for every vehicle in the country.
Top reasons to sell an MOT failure
- Best price guarantee – we offer the best price for your vehicle and guarantee to beat any like-for-like guaranteed quote from any reputable supplier
- Quick and easy – spend a few minutes filling out our simple form, accept the quote and we’ll arrange a time to collect – it’s that ease!
- Free collection – That’s right, we said FREE! We’ll collect your non-runner and will not charge for it, it’s part of our high quality service.
- Experienced and trustworthy – We are experts in our field with years of experience. Once you get the price that’s it, no hidden charges or renegotiation.
- Friendly – We are available to talk you through the entire process and would be happy to speak to your garage or mechanic if you are not sure if selling your MOT failure is the right option for you. We’re here to help.
- Great for the environment – We’ll repair the vehicle if we can, salvage reusable parts for other vehicles, and recycle as much of what’s left as we can.
MOT Failure FAQs
Can MOT Failures be bought for cash?
In some cases, yes. On collection of your vehicle, our collection agent will leave you with payment via a number of ways, cheque, cash or bank transfer, but this varies from company to company, dependent on the location of your collection.
Why sell my MOT failure?
The main reasons to sell you a car that has failed its MOT are financial or convenience. You cannot legally drive a car that didn’t pass which can cause problems. If it would be too costly to get a car repaired then selling is a great option. Using BMS Salvage offers the convenience of having the car picked up directly and free of charge.
Do you collect near me – I can’t drive the car
Once you’ve collected our guaranteed quote we’ll arrange for collection and come to your agreed location – this can even be from the MOT garage if your vehicle is still there.
Can I drive my car after it has failed?
You can still drive your car it the current certificate is yet to expire. If the certificate has expired you can drive it to get the vehicle repaired, or drive it to be re-tested. Driving it in any other circumstance would be illegal.
Can I sell a car with no MOT?
It is perfectly legal to sell a car with no MOT, you’re just not allowed to drive it around. Whatever the failure reason, get a quote with us today – we’d love to buy your MOT failure!